View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #1
Jacques l'aliéné
Flatulent Philanthropist

Default Since year 2000: Two NEAR PERFECT most recent releases

If you had to think of the two most recently released "NEARLY EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY" Adventure games SINCE 2000, which two would you come up with ? ............. If any?

They must be, in your opinion, the most NEAR perfect in every way. Be VERY choosy. If you can only think of one, that's fine.

If none, that's fine. For instance, some of us may believe that, compared to what we'd call the CLASSICS of the halcyon 1990's, no games since 2000 have come anywhere close to perfection. Have any, for instance, had all of the qualities of, say, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (Not necessarily my opinion - just an example?).

When considering, think of all game qualities EXCEPT GRAPHICS quality please ? I know that graphics quality is an imperative contributor to overall enjoyment of a game but, for the purpose of this survey, please exclude it when considering excellence of the game. So, don't mark a game up or down on its graphics quality. Instead use criteria such as story, puzzles (quality, originality, appropriate level of difficulty), music, atmosphere, overall gameplay, too much tracking back (?), linearity (too linear?), character interaction, length of game, value for money, voice acting, sound effects, overall memorability and fun, etc.. Consider all of these together, but NOT GRAPHICS. Don't include freeware games please.

Last edited by Jacques l'aliéné; 09-08-2007 at 04:13 AM. Reason: I agree. Post edited for common sense reasons and a couple of other tweaks :-)