View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #10
Joe Mikowski

Want To drop a quick note for those that might come upon this thread like I did. I have Toonstruck running in Windows 98. I originally could not get it to run because I had a Radeon 9000 pro that does not have VESA drivers. I ended up obtaining a FX5900 ultra (has drivers all the way back to W95). Once that part was solved it still would not run until I limited the VCACHE to 512MB in the SYSTEM.ini file since I had 1 gig of RAM (MS has a page to help out). Seems Window 98 does not run a number of things very well if you have more than 512 MB of RAM. Seems I had a number of games that would not run because of my video card and RAM issue. Anyways, if you can resolve the video card and ram issues I believe that you will be able to run Toonstruck in Win 98. The video configuration is not really smooth, nor would I suggest you let the configuration program automatically detect your sound card. I can say it is a very enjoyable game. -by the way, once I figured out the RAM issue I was able to install TEX Murphy pandora directive as well.