View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 10:09 AM   #5
BerserkerTails

Absolutely fantastic review Emily. Once again, you hit the nail right on the head with this game.

I remember King's Quest V was the game I learned DOS for. Before then, computers were kid friendly, us young'uns just made sure the disk of the game we wanted to play was in the drive before starting up the computer. With this game, I had to learn "cd sierra", then "cd kq5" then "kq5".

I can't wait to read your review of King's Quest VI. I just replayed this series again recently, and was amazed not only how well King's Quest VI had aged, but how amazingly fun it still was. Despite knowing all the puzzle solutions (I played SIerra games so much growing up that unfortunately, apart from a couple, I have internalized the solutions to every game), I still found myself worried when Alexander was over the fire pit, or giddy as he infiltrated the castle...

...Your reviews capture the magic of playing these games, warts and all. I'd love to see you tackle another classic "Quest" series after King's Quest is done!