View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 04:41 PM   #2
MikaelS
King Silly

Also Discworlds 1 & 2 were PSone releases. Must be more but nothing crosses my mind now.

I don't know, probably because console-gamers doesn't strike so much as...I don't know how to put it -- Lets just say console games seem to be more emphatized on action, sports, et cetera genres. Probably because they just seem to fit on those platforms, where as on PC you see more strategy, RPG's ( and by this I don't mean Japanese type of rpg's), simulations and adventure games. There are also practical issues, as controls and assuming most console owners don't have mouse or keyboard and RPG's, strategygames or *realistic* flight/car simulations would be difficult to make without using those. And of course adventuring can be bit of a pain sometimes without a mouse.

I know if I was a publisher and about to publish an AG, and if I had to choose between console and computer, I would publish it on PC without shadow of doubt because I'd suppose it'd be more succesful there. Also because PC gamers are probably much older by average age and adventure games are one of those genres that has to have relatively high average age amongst the fans compared to the fans of other genres. Just a feeling.

I don't have any facts about what I just said, purely assumptions and my own reasonings that I imagine would and could make sense. To me at least.