View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 02:05 AM   #20
Larry Emmo
The name says it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries323 View Post
erm --

As a Dane, I'm very tired of Norse mythoology apparantly being re-interpreted (again) to make a killing/action game with a 'false' God, named Baldur, who wasn't a warrior god, but a god of peace, joy and forgiveness.

And who never who have, in (real) Norse mythologu lifted a weapon himself.
And I'm sure that if the writings of the EDDAs had written their Norse Sagas today, that they (combined) would have launched a law-suit against Silicion
Knight's use of their (protected) copyrighted, trademarked and IP work!

Sorry, but I'm very tired of how anyone in both Canada and the US apparently sees fit to change Norse (and Greek) mythology to ther liking
so it fit their best interest. [as a sidenote, I once loved to watch Hercules
on tv, but don't anymore, since apparently only Zeus (Jupiter) is a good god, while Aries (Mars) is an 'evil' god. I can't stand to watch this (anymore), since I know that the ancient Greeks didn't see it this way, but some writers in US apparently does.

I guess it would people in the US would feel the same if Europeans started to rewrite and re-interpret the myths about the cowboys?

And it might have been that they have read the stories, but apparently they haven't understand the Norse mythology (that well)...
Okay I am very confused now, what does that have to do with anything?? I am not sure you have posted in the right thread, this was supposed to be about things that reminded you of an adventure game!