View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 08:52 AM   #8
CoyoteAG
Dreamfall Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aitsu View Post
Good day, all. I have been playing PC games for years, but pretty much always stuck to FPS. Recently, however, I began playing adventure titles. I am now hooked. The problem is that it is difficult to find recommendations. There seem to be many games not covered by the larger gaming sites. I am looking for top ten type lists from people. I have been lurking for a while and folks here seem pretty helpful, so I figure I would seek some recommendations.

So far I have played realMyst, URU: CC, Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth, Nibiru, and Secret Files: Tunguska. I especially enjoyed Nibiru, Secret Files, and Cthulu, though it was a bit action-y. I have ordered Syberia, Myst V, and Longest Journey. I realize that these are all mainstream titles, but I am just getting into this stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

If this has been covered elsewhere, please let me know. I searched the forum and came up with squat.

Thanks.
Welcome! I'm sure you will enjoy The Longest Journey. It is one of my favorite games of all time.

In my opinion, all adventure players should play the Broken Sword series (there are four of them...the first one is so excellent) and the Gabriel Knight Series (there are three of them).

As someone else mentioned, I think you'll enjoy Still Life as well.