Thread: Mental Blocks
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 11:08 AM   #4
buddi

In Evidence: the Last Ritual there's a puzzle that gives you the first letter of a series of words, you need to fill in the rest of the words to continue. I spent days pouring over the internet, trying to figure out that the words could be. I connected the initial to Dante, tried several false leads about what they might represent, smoked endless packs of cigarettes...
Spoiler:
finally I just typed the initials into google as they were and found the exact link I needed..
ARGHHHHHH!

Another one that got me, but good was in Broken Sword 2 where George and Nico are trapped in a warehouse. George spent ages combining weird inventory items, trying to lift a heavy statue, meanwhile I am muttering to myself, "this is so stupid and illogical... why doesn't Nico just stop wandering around and give him a hand??" FINALLY.. I had the good sense to click on Nico and George says, hey, can you give me a hand with this? I felt so stupid. I found that a lot with the Broken Sword games, that often I was tripped up because the puzzles were straighforward and logical when you least expected them to be. I guess I shouldn't have played it right after Runaway 2!