View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 05:35 AM   #3
Flyboy
Live Slow Die Old

1. Do you watch South Park ?

Yes.

2. How often do you watch South Park ?

Whenever there's a new episode (which I tend to watch on Youtube since I have no other way of seeing the show and am cheap)

3. Why do you watch South Park ?

Because it's incredibly smart, funny and relevant.

4. What themes would you consider especially interesting ?

They cover a lot of interesting topics, from consumerism to war to metrosexuality.

5. Do you, by watching the show, get any impressions about American society ? What kind of impressions ?

Yes, mostly negative ones (see question 4).

6. Do you get any impressions about American family life based on the series ?

Um, this looks suspiciously like the previous question. Basically, I get impressions about how Trey and Matt see American family life. I think the Mormon episode gives a good insight into a very American life style (and by this I mean that it is something almost exclusively American, rather than something that defines America on a large scale).

7. Who is your favorite character(s), and why ?

Randy, because he has questionable morals and makes for an incredibly funny patriarch of the family.

8. Who is your least favorite character, and why ?

Stan's sister, Kenny's family, the bus-driver (good riddance) and a couple of others. Mainly because they're all simple one-dimensional characters that got old very fast.

9. Do you see any similarities between yourself and some of the characters ? Which ones, and why ?

I think Stan and Kyle represent a lot of kids growing up and I've always felt that I possess some of their traits (or the other way around).

10. Could you draw any parallels between American life as it is portrayed in South Park, and life where you live ?

Yes, but answering this question will be annoying so I won't.

11. Have you noticed any stereotypes in the show ? Name a couple.

The show derives almost all of it's humour from stereotypes (gays, Jews, goths...)

12. Do you have any additional, positive or negative, impressions and oppinions about the show ?

It's the only thing on TV that I still make an effort to watch. They do a good job of adapting it to the times and so it never really gets old. Also it's funny to see people shit their pants after committing suicide.