View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 04:46 AM   #5
Aurebesh

Yes, the original European version has a weird out-of-place ending, and the later US version have a more "normal" ending (don't want to write spoilers).

I've played both versions, but if I remember correctly the character was named Quickthorpe in both of them, so perhaps there's a third variation to the game (maybe a non-Eglish variation, I deal only with English vresions of games).

You can look in Moby Games for cover variations that will help you decide which version to buy. By the way, if you read the back covers in Moby, you'll see that both US and UK versions call the player Quickthorpe, so I really don't know what's this Goodthorpe is all about.

And another thing - if you're going to buy an opened box, ask the seller to check the CD's label. It should say if it's the European or American version.

EDIT: The CD label of the US version is FABLE_AMERICAN. The UK version's CD label is FABLE_ENGLISH.
And regarding this Goodthorpe thing - the only two places that mention this name are JA and A for Adventure. I've looked again in the Moby Games covers and even the German cover says Quickthorpe. Perhaps we can contact the reviewers and ask them where they got the Goodthorpe name. Maybe they reviewed a beta version or something?

Last edited by Aurebesh; 12-22-2006 at 05:08 AM.