View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 12:40 PM   #9
MoriartyL
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo Sakari Aaltonen View Post
I
One day it will be possible to create photorealistic 3D models of live actors using technology based on that used in The Matrix.

II
Full Motion Video will make a tremendous comeback, this time in three dimensions.

III
3DFMV will combine all the freedom and flexibility of 3D modeling with the detail and realism of 2DFMV.

IV
The short-sightedness of those who deride FMV as a dead end will become apparent.

V
Those involved in the creation of such titles as The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight Mystery will be seen as the trailblazing pioneers of the future of gaming that they are.

VI
Adventure games will look and play fresh again, as when the world was new.
Hey, that's great work! Have you considered writing a longer sci-fi story, like a novel or something? You're obviously good at it.

I kid, I kid. Seriously, though- graphics don't make the game. Just because something has the potential of being done doesn't mean it will be done. Progress doesn't necessarily have to wait for the future- it could happen today. It could have happened ten years ago. But it didn't happen, and it's not happening. The problems holding adventure games (along with countless other types of games) back aren't related to graphics, and graphics won't solve them.