View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 09:40 PM   #27
michael1123
Schattenjaeger wannabe

I do know of the Jane-J project, and have read the preview and FAQ
Hope everything works out well with it, and I can't wait. Ironically, KQ6 was the game that made adventure games my favorite genre when I played it just after it came out, so I was a fan of Jensen's work before I even knew who she was. Now I don't think KQ6 ranks among the best adventure games of all time, but I do think it blows away the rest of the KQ series, probably largely due to her input. The rest of the series is very cookie cutter material, but it made up the majority of my adventure game experience before KQ6, along with PQs and the original Maniac Mansion, which I always loved.

The Broken Swords certainly will be the next adventure games I buy, or at least at the same time as the Last Express. I bought The Last Express online a couple months ago, at the same time that I got Anachronox, and while Anachronox bored me, the Last Express fascinated me. But, with my luck, after being completely hooked on the game on the first CD, I discovered that the second CD had a crack in it that made it unfunctional, and the online store didn't have another copy of the game.