View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
Flyboy
Live Slow Die Old

Default That's it, we've gone and screwed it up! (a Global Warming thread)

According to the WWF (no, Macho Man Randy Savage has nothing to do with this), we'll need 2 planets to meet the energy and resource consumption needs of our species by the year 2050. Here, read for yourselves: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6077798.stm

Maybe Al Gore is right, maybe we've really gone and fucked it up for our children (or their children in the event that you already have children). It sounds to me like this is a pretty real threat and although you might be leaning back with a smile on you face, catching a few rays in your thong while you sip on your iced tea in Fucking Iceland in the middle of January, I can assure you, your grandchildren will have to wear that SPF 2000 sunblock from Robocop just to not explode into flames when they step out the front door.

Now I know what we can do to prevent this whole disaster, but it doesn't seem very realistic that such an initiative on a global scale can really take place. I've sort of come to accept the fact that we as a species have this coming to us (hopefully I'll be long dead by the time the shit really hits the fan) and that this is just the planet's way of taking a shower and cleaning away all the filth (read: humans).

I mean really, we're only a blip on the evolutionary radar of mother earth. I'm sure she won't miss us.

So, are we messing things up? If not, are you crazy? If so, can we fix it? And if not to the if so, it this the natural order of things? Discuss.

Last edited by Flyboy; 10-25-2006 at 08:23 AM.