View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 04:53 AM   #6
Davies

I've just installed The 7th Guest in Windows XP Pro, as a test just for you, Patti, and it's working fine on my system.

The CD has two installation files: Setup.exe and T7Gsetup.exe. I used the "just plain" Setup.exe. This installed the game as a window-based program which is running happily. I think the other installation program sets up the game as DOS-based. At any rate, try Setup.exe first, and if that doesn't work, try the other.

It makes a fairly small window even on my monitor, which is set to 800 x 600 resolution, so you might want to step down your resolution before playing.

I haven't tried installing The 11th Hour, but would guess it's much the same.

Let me know if you get them running! Since you have them both, you should definitely play them in order. I was given The 11th Hour and only later got hold of The 7th Guest, and it would have been much better the other way round.

The 7th Guest is a little childish, more "spooky themed" than actually scary, and without much of a storyline. The ending is something of a letdown, but as a puzzle collection it's worthwhile. The 11th Hour is strictly adult fare, definitely a horror story and with a stronger plot. You should be fairly knowledgeable about cryptic crossword clues before trying The 11th Hour.