View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 09:50 AM   #10
Roman5

( I just posted pretty much the same reply below in a thread on another forum in case anyone sees it there, but I'm posting it here too since there are only really a couple of adventure forums I go to that are worthy of discussion about dreamfall.)

So anyway I just finished the game and loved it. If ever a game has drawn me to love characters, it was this one. I couldn't help but feel totally drawn in by Zoe's personality, the way she looked, and the cute way she ran. I almost cried in the ending scenes with the little girl faith about to die and Zoe dieing in the hospital bed, I felt a lump in my throat.

I thought the story, albeit very sad and depressing at the end, an incredible one. I too am unclear about certain details but I see Dreamfall as nothing less than a masterpiece. An utterly beautiful game.

Regarding april dieing, Zoe is told at the end by faith that she did save april. I can only guess that april being killed could be seen as being saved by putting her out of her misery so to speak. There are references by characters in the story which are negative towards her pointless purpose in rebelling against the azadi. She had basically lost direction in her life. Just a guess. Questions I have:
Wasn't faith letting go and dieing supposed to mess up the dreamcore? Yet that didn't seem to be the case, the baddies were still around. What exactly was the meaning of brian westhouse in a buddhist temple at the start of the game being sent to the storytime place? Was that supposed to be part of the dreamnet thing? What was that undreamer thing that brian was scared of? And when zoe ends up in storytime at the end, is she meant to be in a kind of heaven, hell or dreamstate? Those are the sort of things that I don't understand and I'm sure many don't. I wonder if we're meant to simply create our own conclusions, and that perhaps beyond the main story of living lucid dreams, that the game creators actually don't have any concrete answers themselves.

Btw, here is the real Zoe Castillo.