View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 12:25 PM   #1
beatchef

Default I need some recommendations, probably vintage

Hi, I wonder if I could get some sage advice on some adventure games to try I'd be very grateful. I'm looking for more adventure games to play but I want to make an informed choice rather than randomly picking up games. It doesn't matter the age of the game, only the story and gameplay matter to me

Here is a pretty comprehensive list of all the adventure games i've played/completed (same thing):

Another Code
Beneath a Steel Sky
Blade Runner
Broken Sword 1 & 2
Day of the Tentacle
Discworld 1 -3
Dreamfall
Duckman
Flight of the Amazon Queen
Full Throttle
Grim Fandango
Indiana Jones LC & FOA
Leisure Suit Larry 1
Longest Journey
Loom
Maniac Mansion
Monkey Island 1 - 4
Nightlong
Operation Stealth
Phoenix Wright
Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom
Sam & Max
Shadowgate
Simon the Sorceror 1 & 2
Snatcher
Star Trek 'A Final Unity'
The Addams Family
The Fish Files
Toonstruck

My favourites out of all of these have been Monkey Island 1 & 2, Longest Journey, the Indiana Jones games, Flight of the Amazon Queen and the Broken Sword games. The only ones i've really disliked was Mystery of the Druids and Operation Stealth.
I'm not really into first person games like Myst, and i'm not really into stressing whether or not my character is going to die in a scary way all the time between puzzles, I like my adventure games to be at least somewhat relaxing hehe. I was thinking about playing a few classics, like police quest, kings quest or space quest, quest for glory but I wouldn't know where to begin.

Thanks for any recommendations people can give

Last edited by beatchef; 06-19-2006 at 04:50 AM.