View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 07:50 AM   #1
dborgill

Default Dreamfall Constructive Criticism

A little background first. I only played the demo for Longest Journey back in the day. I really know nothing about it or when I picked up Dreamfall. I came into the game with ZERO expectations.

Postive:

* Great art direction / beautiful scenery
* Interesting characters
* Great voice acting
* Great writing

Negative:

* If you are gonna put in action sequences in an adventure, try to make them funner or better programmed at least more than a poor Sega Genesis game

* Maybe it's just me, but everyone is ranting and raving about the story. I am on Chapter 5 and with all the switching around and bouncing between characters, my attention is really starting to lessen

* Why is Zoe's character model so well done and looks like it has 1000's of polygons while most of the other characters look straight out of The Sims 1. What has Funcom been doing for SEVEN years?

* This is a whole other topic but needs to be brought up here. Why all of a sudden, in the last little while has the overuse of profanity become "ok" or "cool" because it makes the story more "realistic"!? Seriously, here I am enjoying the game and then all of a sudden here comes Marcus and it's like the developers turn into pre-pubesecent teenagers that have just discovered swearing. Stupid and necessary.

Overall, I really enjoyed the first few chapters of the game but can someone reassure me that it gets better than the fragmented story with crappy combat sequences mixed it?