View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 09:51 AM   #2
RLacey
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I'm actually in favour of legally enforced age ratings in the manner that the UK seems to be moving to (the majority of new titles seem to be ditching the PEGI ratings, which don't legally prevent the purchase of games and moving to - allegedly - legally enforced BBFC ratings). Now, admittely, this isn't that big a change, as BBFC ratings had previously overridden the higher end PEGI ratings (eg. San Andreas has an "18" certificate), but it does seem to have led to a larger number of titles getting the "15" certificate. From what I can gather, the BBFC rates games in pretty much the same way as it does films, so the ratings are fairly comparable.

Having said that, I believe that adults should be trusted to make their own decisions regarding what they do and do not purchase. And, just as I don't actually have a problem with children being given rated films by their parents if their parents are happy for them to watch, I feel that the same should apply to games.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.