View Single Post
Old 01-06-2004, 10:27 PM   #4
Stinger
Retirement is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static_A_Matic
Just my humble opinion but it's a fairly mediocre game. It clearly loses something in the translation from Italian, because the lines come out phrased oddly which undercuts the humor. Additionally, Tony's voice is unusually annoying. Understand, that's an argument that I NEVER make. I love odd character voices, but I feel that in this case, the problem is a rather lackluster performance moreso than from the voice itself. At any rate, he's hard to listen to for long periods of time. Also it ran quite buggy on my system, often too buggy to enjoy, but that may have just been an issue with my configuration. But if you've already tracked down and played all the classic LucasArts and Sierra Adventure games, Tony is worth playing. I'm just trying to keep your expectations down, Tony never comes close to Sam and Max and I'm not just being nostalgic.
Totally, TOTALLY disagree on the voice acting. All the voices are done by AudioGodz, and the professional quality shows. One thing the game does not have is bad performances. If you're annoyed by the Urkel-esque tone of Tony's voice, that's one thing, but it's definitely not a bad performance. I happened to think it was a perfect fit for the character, as were most of the voices. With the exception of the ludicrously hard puzzles, Tony's a really good game; sure it doesn't come close to Sam & Max, but then again Fight Club never came close to Apocalypse Now--it's still a great movie.

- Evan

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."