View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 01:49 AM   #3
seebaruk
Chris Barraclough

Don't worry, I'll respond!

This got me thinking of all those first person shooters like Duke, Shadow Warrior etc, where you get caught and imprisoned by the bad dudes. They always bung you in a cell that just happens to have a huge air vent, with a cover that you can easily just kick off. Duke went one further and had you start a level in an electric chair, but with no restraints so you just hop straight off grab a gun and kill everyone!

As for adventure games, Phantasmagoria's last chapter was basically one huge escape. I liked the bit where

Spoiler:
You're getting put in the chair of death and have to distract your husband, then you pull the lever and he gets a blade in the back Also it was cool running about discovering all the dead bodies

but it was kind of annoying when you're running away and the guy randomly pops up and captures you in some rooms, before you've got everything you need to survive. I think that chapter took me about 100 goes to get through.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk