You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Best and Worst Clever Escape puzzle...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #1

Default Best and Worst Clever Escape puzzle...

Okay so worst would have to be BS2 escape from Central American prison due to the lack of imagination involved or any one that requires you to push the key out onto a sheet of paper under the door.

As for best...hmmm...CoMI's escape from the snake and quicksand was far fetched but fun.

What do you folks think?
Old 03-19-2006, 07:43 PM   #2

Is this some record? 61 views and 0 responses? : )
Old 03-20-2006, 01:49 AM   #3
Chris Barraclough

Don't worry, I'll respond!

This got me thinking of all those first person shooters like Duke, Shadow Warrior etc, where you get caught and imprisoned by the bad dudes. They always bung you in a cell that just happens to have a huge air vent, with a cover that you can easily just kick off. Duke went one further and had you start a level in an electric chair, but with no restraints so you just hop straight off grab a gun and kill everyone!

As for adventure games, Phantasmagoria's last chapter was basically one huge escape. I liked the bit where

Spoiler:
You're getting put in the chair of death and have to distract your husband, then you pull the lever and he gets a blade in the back Also it was cool running about discovering all the dead bodies

but it was kind of annoying when you're running away and the guy randomly pops up and captures you in some rooms, before you've got everything you need to survive. I think that chapter took me about 100 goes to get through.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 03-20-2006, 02:30 AM   #4

I'm a fan of Runaway's escape with Brian's help from the Transvestites... Those trannies ruled...
Old 03-20-2006, 04:48 AM   #5
Explorer of the uncharted

Samuel Gordon escaping the mines only to find a wolf ---> Worst "clever" escape ever.

And the best one is the story gap between MI2 and MI3, IMO
Old 03-20-2006, 05:34 AM   #6
Freeware Co-ordinator

Simplest - Escaping from God's dungeon if you swore in Quest for the Golden Eggcup
Spoiler:
You just dug in the sand.

Most Obscure - Escaping from God's dungeon if you swore a second time in Quest for the Golden Eggcup.
Spoiler:
Digging in the sand just revealed.... more sand. You had to work out a secret password to escape.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 03-20-2006, 08:22 AM   #7
Proletarian

Send a message via ICQ to rocketpop Send a message via MSN to rocketpop Send a message via Yahoo to rocketpop

I think one of the strangest is the ending of MI2...

And, if I remember, that ending never got explained in the future series.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:49 AM   #8

My own question is driving me crazy!

I know I have played through some great prison escapes or near death escapes, but I can't think of many.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:56 AM   #9

Escaping from the pit of acid in Monkey Island 2 was pretty great.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:24 AM   #10
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Yeah, that was a great example where the apparatus for your escape was (literally!) all around you. It was just a matter of refining your solution until you succeeded.

I also like some of the escapes in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis -
Spoiler:
breaking Sophia out of the Atlantean prison cell was nicely done. Of course, shortly afterwards you wished you hadn't bothered.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:55 PM   #11
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

Hahaha, I just remember the one in Monkey Island 1 where you were under the water tied to the ground and there were like 10 sharp object lying around you, and all but one were barely out of reach. I remember thinking, how was that even a puzzle? And laughed so hard. Another thing that was funny was if you waited long enough there he would drown.

I also loved the Broken Sword 1 with Khan and he's interogating you. Not going to give it away though.