View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 03:27 AM   #9
Marek
Puts the 'e' in Mark

I haven't played it yet. For some reason the sound doesn't work on my PC. But I heard a lot of great things about it. It's no doubt a brilliant game, and it probably has a lot of brilliant adventure elements, but based on what's been written on other sites I don't think this is a game we should cover. (Jim already explained.)

The reason we stick so strictly to pure adventure games is that there's already plenty of sites out there that focus on action-adventures already. In fact, a lot of the adventure game sites include action-adventures in their scope too (most notably JA+, which has even reviewed strategy or FPS games). Reviewing only pure adventure games is sort of our 'core business'. We want to be the best in that single area and not 'sort of OK' in lots of different areas.

So, while we don't have anything against BG&E, we won't review it. But just so you know, we did try to get Michel Ancel from Ubi Soft to participate in our Q&A article we posted recently, but he was unfortunately unavailable.