Thread: Dc++
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 06:21 AM   #6
jjacob

No problem - I've been there. I had an SMC modemrouter that worked fine, then all of a sudden it started crapping out on me on an hourly basis, so after some extensive googling I found out it either must be that I was downloading a lot more, or the thing was broken. To be on the safe side I purchased a newer SMC modemrouter and thesame thing happened (d'oh!), so after hours of more googling I found a half-korean/half-english forum discussing the problem. I noticed the words BitSpirit and DSL anti-freeze was used a lot so I gave it a try and it worked, though I sill had to reset my router on a daily basis (heh, beats hourly). After much fuss I simply got a refund and bought a Draytek Vigor 2800G (mentioned on the same forum), and I haven't reset the thing in months now, even though I still run a lot of active torrents. I'm never going back to Linksys or SMC, that's for sure Linksys is a Cisco brand, but from what I've read on the net it doesn't really live up to it The Draytek was nearly 200 euros but I don't regret it for a minute, plus it's ADSL2-ready, so I hope I won't be needing another router for a long time