View Single Post
Old 12-28-2003, 10:47 AM   #1
Skinny Minnie
I'm really Cookin'

Default Kya: Dark Lineage for PS2- Sleeper hit? +LoTR:RoTK

I rented a bunch of console games yesterday: XIII, LOTR: The Return of the King, Haunted Mansion, Fatal Frame II, Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, and one I'd never heard of called Kya: Dark Lineage just for kicks. XIII didn't work out too well because I'm just not comfortable with console versions of FPSs-- using the right analog stick for camerawork while moving with the left analog stick just ain't natural after so many mouse camera/keyboard movement FPS games on PC. Haunted mansion is pretty blah (my kid likes it, though), so I stuck in Kya out of curiosity. It's really not a bad little platformer/action-adventure game so far. It's got some funky flying arcade sequences where Kya floats through jet streams to travel, and it's got some story to it concerning her father and brother. I'm going to try the others today, but my daughter and I had enough fun playing Kya already that I bought it used from EB. (Hey--my 10% additional discount card on EB's used games expires in January. I was just being practical. )

Has anybody else played Kya (or any of these others)?

Last edited by Skinny Minnie; 12-28-2003 at 05:07 PM.