Thread: Is this right?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
Stoofa
Roar?

Default Is this right?

There is a company that sends everyone at my work a flyer each month, and each month the flyer advertises a contest that we can enter online. I always enter the contests, because I am an optimistic nerd, but then totally forget about it until the next flyer comes along.

One of my many bosses called me today (i've been home sick for awhile) to tell me that a couriered package had come for me from the office supplies company, and that it said, "contest winnings." I got all excited and asked her to open it, she said it's an IPOD NANO! and then said, "but I'm pretty sure this is property of the company, not you. Do you deal with Office Supplies Company outside of work? Maybe then I could say it was actually yours." What the ****ing ****? That is MY iPod. I entered the contest, the iPod arrived addressed to ME. Does this sound right to anyone?

I am especially annoyed because I've been home sick since the beginning of January, I feel like ass and I am really frightened of what my doctor's tests are beginning to show is going on with me. Instead of being supportive this woman has instead been making comments about how hard it is for HER and the other people at work to deal with the workload with me gone. She will also ask me about how I'm feeling, how my new medication is affecting me, etc., and then make a snide comment regarding my answer. I was so excited to hear about the iPod (I haven't had anything good happen to me since December) and she has to go and piss all over it. GRR.