View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 12:44 AM   #1
squarejawhero
Epinionated.

Default Danish Cartoon Bullcrap

I'm just interested in what people think about all this "Muslim furore" about these Danish cartoons which seems to be spreading like a virus across the media. Whilst I think actually publishing those cartoons was an act of immense stupidity on behalf of the newspaper, I also believe in the right to free speech, so I'm kind of in two minds about it. That the Danish government were nothing to do with it and the demands by the representatives across the "Islamic world" (whatever that it) for them to apologise for their secularism were so outspoken, frankly astonishes me... it's got nothing to do with their govt.!

Now there's the typical bullshit Islamist extremist groups all over the media, firing their guns and burning flags, groups in the ME looking for white people to kidnap, threats of fatwahs and jihad... last I looked the Islamic people I know were annoyed but couldn't care less. The media giving attention to these hypocritical extremist f*ckwits is harming relations with the majority of moderate Muslims who're no doubt worried about being tarred with the same brush as these twats that say they represent the religion.

I've admittedly got my issues with Islam, that Mira understands and knows about (I've got issues with a lot of religious doctrine beyond it anyhow), but omigod... what a mess...

Thoughts?