View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 12:48 AM   #1
CrimsonBlue

Default Recommendations and some thoughts

Hi!

I'm partly new at this forum. I seem to remember being registered, but I changed my email and forgot my nick and password, so I registered anew. This one is here to stay. I've been reading mostly the posts that have been made here, but now I'm wanting to "blend" in with you guys, if you permit it.

But anyway. I've played adventuregames since I was introduced to Operation Stealth a very long time ago on my Amiga 500. Still haven't completed it though :p as I hated the laberynth-puzzle.

I like games that doesn't take itself too seriously (although Final Fantasy is very serious at times, it does have it's share of light humour), especially in the Adventure genre. I just can't bring myself to play through a serious adventure-game, at least without having supernatural elements. Gabrial Knight is probably the most serious adventure-game I've ever played, and I haven't even completed ANY of them.

But to name a few favourites:

Monkey Island (LeChuck's Revenge is on top of my greatest games ever list)
Simon the Sorcerer
Discworld
Broken Sword
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Grim Fandango
Day of the Tentacle (there's no way a normal mind would have thought that one up... thank you Tim!)
Cruise for a Corpse
Leisure Suit Larry

So I guess you can see that the majoriy of these games involves a lot of humour. Guess you can say I'm a humorous happy-go-lucky kind of guy.

So now I need a few recommendations to some of the newer games that exists on the market today. I've just completed Broken Sword 1 and 2 for the first time, and now I'm going through The Sleeping Dragon. I completed Syberia for the first time last week too, and while I didn't find it very interesting at first, I was completely hooked by the end of the game and now I'm looking forward to the second chapter of this supposed trilogy.

Ok, to finish off this uninteresting and long post, please... just recommend some new games to me.