View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003, 08:29 AM   #6
Bastich
Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGilbert
This was the most EEEVIL game to ever burst forth from Infocom's well. Not only are the puzzles nearly impossible to solve, but you can miss them entirely and be blissfully unaware that you did anything wrong. The game will continue, merrily lulling you into a sense of false security and leaving you unaware that you are trapped forever.
I can't speak for all the puzzles, but I know my score dropped at least one of the times I did something wrong, which was a clue to go back and not do it the next time. So there were some hints that you screwed up. They definitely let you keep playing after that point though, so your point is taken.

Quote:
And interesting that you used the word Boffo, as Steve Meretsky (co-writer for HHGTTG) went on to create a company called Boffo. They created "The Space Bar," I beleve.
What inspired me to play the game was that I had just re-read the enitre series AND watched the BBC television series. I'm sure somewhere in all that someone said the word "boffo" and I just picked up on it and used it in my sound section joke...