View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 12:51 AM   #8
Skinny Minnie
I'm really Cookin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomStLeger
The Chapter 2 bug in The Black Mirror was happening to people with legitimate copys of the game, who experienced problems with the crap copy protection system TAC is using. They had to use a crack just to get the game running, according to TAC's forums. I'm not sure if an official patch has been released yet though?
According to Xeagle in his first thread, he *was* using the warez version, and he justified it by saying the game wasn't that good. He also got really rude with forum members who refused to help him with his problem and razzed him for using an illegal version of the game. Then he came back later into the thread once he found a workaround elsewhere, and solicited others using the warez version to email him for a crack that got over the 2nd chapter warez issue. There were a bunch of new members jumping in and telling him to check his email right after that. When that thread got deleted, he changed his logon slightly and came back with another thread again announcing to all cracked version users to email him to get around the warez bug. That second thread was deleted quickly, too, but I know it was there because I posted in it.

I was a musician for years, and all this free downloading of not-free stuff really bothers me. I don't drive my car into a dealership and demand free engine and transmission work when my car dies. I don't walk into a supermarket and demand free groceries. Why do people think it's okay to out-and-out steal work that someone or a group of someones has spent years creating? I guess it boils down to what they *can* do and not get caught at.