You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Re: Help Forum and Warez

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2003, 02:20 AM   #1
I'm really Cookin'

Default Re: Help Forum and Warez

Thanks to Marek & crew for addressing both of these issues, especially the slew of warez hogwash that has been littering this forum as of late. I wish I could say that the main offenders were contributing something other than illegalities, crass language and nasty attitudes, but on the whole they weren't. And it was especially aggravating to see one new member whose initial thread got deleted come right back with a slightly variated logon and start all over again.

As for the help area, it will be a lot easier for those in need to find what they want without sifting through a lot of other posts. I myself have tried helping people and then had trouble finding the exact thread a specific person was in to go back and check on them again.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:02 AM   #2
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Minnie
Thanks to Marek & crew for addressing both of these issues, especially the slew of warez hogwash that has been littering this forum as of late. I wish I could say that the main offenders were contributing something other than illegalities, crass language and nasty attitudes, but on the whole they weren't. And it was especially aggravating to see one new member whose initial thread got deleted come right back with a slightly variated logon and start all over again.
You know xeagle was just some stupid kid who thought it was cool
Old 11-29-2003, 09:06 AM   #3
Liver of Life

Stupid kids are in abundance. Is this natural selection or what?
Old 11-30-2003, 06:30 AM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to Firefoot Send a message via MSN to Firefoot

Such crashes occur in The Black Mirror, but aswell in Runaway. They both use the StarForce protection system... so beware of that! Runaway tend to crash in chapter 5 at the Hopi village btw.

Emma is unbeatable, but here are My DVD's...
Old 11-30-2003, 06:39 AM   #5
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode
Stupid kids are in abundance. Is this natural selection or what?
No. Unnatural selection.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-30-2003, 09:59 PM   #6
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

The Chapter 2 bug in The Black Mirror was happening to people with legitimate copys of the game, who experienced problems with the crap copy protection system TAC is using. They had to use a crack just to get the game running, according to TAC's forums. I'm not sure if an official patch has been released yet though?
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!
Old 11-30-2003, 11:54 PM   #7
Head up in the clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomStLeger
The Chapter 2 bug in The Black Mirror was happening to people with legitimate copys of the game, who experienced problems with the crap copy protection system TAC is using. They had to use a crack just to get the game running, according to TAC's forums. I'm not sure if an official patch has been released yet though?
I'm confused (once again). I'm sure Marek mentioned the Black Mirror 2nd chapter bug in connection with Warez....

I had problems with Broken Sword 3's game protection and in the end got an altered gameplay.exe that enabled me to play the game smoothly directly from the hard drive. You have to own the game to be able to do that, so I guess that is not exactly illegal.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:51 AM   #8
I'm really Cookin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomStLeger
According to Xeagle in his first thread, he *was* using the warez version, and he justified it by saying the game wasn't that good. He also got really rude with forum members who refused to help him with his problem and razzed him for using an illegal version of the game. Then he came back later into the thread once he found a workaround elsewhere, and solicited others using the warez version to email him for a crack that got over the 2nd chapter warez issue. There were a bunch of new members jumping in and telling him to check his email right after that. When that thread got deleted, he changed his logon slightly and came back with another thread again announcing to all cracked version users to email him to get around the warez bug. That second thread was deleted quickly, too, but I know it was there because I posted in it.

I was a musician for years, and all this free downloading of not-free stuff really bothers me. I don't drive my car into a dealership and demand free engine and transmission work when my car dies. I don't walk into a supermarket and demand free groceries. Why do people think it's okay to out-and-out steal work that someone or a group of someones has spent years creating? I guess it boils down to what they *can* do and not get caught at.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:17 AM   #9

Internet is like a big tree with plenty of juicy and delicious looking fruits in the neighbour's yard.
How can you expect people to resist that?
Besides, I don't think the moral issue is as clear as you stated.

That said, this forum is certainly not the right place to look for warez, and it's good that Marek discourages this kind of "customer" from applying for membership.