View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 12:39 PM   #6
Stinger
Retirement is stupid

Oh holy mother of monkeys, I'm never letting Twif post commentary on the HOM again.

So anyway, let me clarify a few things, since most of this shuffling was my decision:

1. This list does not necessarily rely on recent news...it is simply, at any given moment, a ranked list of the ten upcoming adventure games we are the most excited about.

2. Sam & Max 2 is now #1 because Broken Sword 3 has made it clear that 3D is the future, and this led me to become slightly more excited about S&M2 than Syberia II. It was very close.

3. Project Jane-J should have never been lower than #5 from the minute it was announced. I mean, it's JANE JENSEN for crying out loud. It's previous omission was an error, and it's ascendance to #5 shouldn't be viewed as more than a correction of an error.

4. The consensus on Journey to the Center is not that it's no good; entirely the opposite, actually, considering we gave it 4.0/5. My understanding is that it has been released, which is why it's dropped out.

Jim: Thank you for pointing this out. My explanation is that I'm an idiot; the address that has been set up all this time is [email protected], which is just not smart. So, I will set up the hype address soon; thank you again for letting us know. (and here's a dirty little secret: the hype address is just a forwarder to me, Marek, and Twif, so you could just as well post your comments on the forum)

I'm especially interested to know if there are any games that were left off that you are particularly excited about. Share your excitement, or lack thereof, about upcoming adventures and help us make the already ultra-scientific Hype-O-Meter even more accurate!

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."