View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 12:45 AM   #9
Kurufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman
Hi.

Fahrenheit / Indigo Prophecy was developed in English.
English version was directed by David Cage (He says himself it's the version he prefers).
Translations were done by Atari (even the French one).

Hope this will help :-)
It does, thanks a lot! It'll be English for me, then.

Quote:
I found most recent games had very good (french) acting. I'm thinking Still Life, Syberia, Black Mirror, Myst, etc...
Syberia's French voices were great. I haven't played Still Life yet, but I'll certainly play it in French when I do, as it is the language it was developed in. But I'm very wary of French versions usually. If the game is American or English, I always play it in English.
The thing is, I had a very bad experience with TLJ. I thought "well, the game is Norwegian, so the English version has no reason for being better that the French one". So I bought it in French... The translation was awful (the lines felt as awkward as Microsoft-linguo) and the acting mediocre. Which is a problem with a game that has extremely long conversations. And then I discovered that it had originally been developed in English and that the English voices were great. And so I bought again, enjoyed it a lot more and threw the French version away.
Somehow, I felt the situation might be the same with Fahrenheit. Seems like I was right (well, I don't know how good the French version will be, but it's still a translation from the original English version, so it's probably inferior).

Quote:
Yeah, you're right! I mean, how guys wearing the beret who goes around carrying a baguette as well as a bottle of wine and women who let their hair grows on their armpit could be of any talent ?

Go **** yourself. Then buy a brain.

As or the choice between french and english, I would go for english because it seems that Cage directed the english cast during the recording sessions.

Thanks for confirming the info, though.