View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 12:31 PM   #6
Aurebesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashing
I don't agree with you at all. Dreamfall and Fahrenheit are deservedly #1 and #2 on the Hype-O-Meter, due to a number of reasons:
(1) They are games from the same developer which gave us masterpieces like TLJ and Nomad Soul;
(2) They have been in development for years, and they are finally going to the market soon. Very soon.
(3) The release dates, being ever so close, also spur up more marketing effort to hype them up with trailers and demo released.

Thus, they are definitely much more hyped up in relation to the development in progress Runaway 2 and Vampyre Story. Vampyre Story may however take the rightful space at #1, when these spot-hoggers are released, and when the developer finally find a publisher.

Actually, I'm more excited with Bone than anything else, being Telltale Games first adventure and whatnot.
Dreamfall does NOT deserve to be at #1 because, while TLJ was a pure by-the-book classic adventure game (like every adventure game HAVE to be), its sequel is going to try to appeal to more people, namely, non-adventure gamers, namely, it'll be much less of an adventure than it's predecessor.
As for Farenheit, it also doesn't seem to be a real adventure (and it's not surprising, since Omikron wasn't either) and even if it was, this new idea of a "TV series instead of a feature film" thing doesn't appeal to me at all. Adventure games SHOULD be like feature films, and not a serialized TV show. That covers Bone too.
So I guess the only thing I agree with is the release date factor.

And as for the rest of the Hype-o-Meter, I see that #3 is taken by another of Benoit Sokal's horrible attempts at an adventure game, and #4... oh no... not that one... I should stop here. This Hype-o-Meter is obviously an abomination to adventure gamers.