View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 10:31 PM   #5
smashing
I'm complicated

Send a message via MSN to smashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurebesh
Yeah, mine too. I really don't understand how it's only at #9 out of 10 in the Hype-o-Meter! It should definitely be at #1!! And if I'm at it, Runaway 2 should be at #2, and then maybe Dreamfall desreves #3 (but I'm not sure because it seems they "de-adventurized" it).
I don't agree with you at all. Dreamfall and Fahrenheit are deservedly #1 and #2 on the Hype-O-Meter, due to a number of reasons:
(1) They are games from the same developer which gave us masterpieces like TLJ and Nomad Soul;
(2) They have been in development for years, and they are finally going to the market soon. Very soon.
(3) The release dates, being ever so close, also spur up more marketing effort to hype them up with trailers and demo released.

Thus, they are definitely much more hyped up in relation to the development in progress Runaway 2 and Vampyre Story. Vampyre Story may however take the rightful space at #1, when these spot-hoggers are released, and when the developer finally find a publisher.

Actually, I'm more excited with Bone than anything else, being Telltale Games first adventure and whatnot.