Thread: work and uni
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 02:33 PM   #12
Ninja Dodo

Thought I'd revive this thread for an update...

Week 2 comes to an end and I'm starting to get used to the whole get up early and eat late thing. I take the 8:17 train from Alkmaar and then travel to Purmerend via Hoorn... takes about 40 minutes. Then I catch the 18:34 train back, so it's usually not till around eight that I get some dinner. The train time gives me a chance to catch up on my reading though. Hadn't really read anything since last summer... just finished a collection of short stories by Chekhov.

It feels kinda weird. I've wanted make games since I first played them and pretty much every step in my education from "Voorbereidend Wetenschappelijk Onderwijs" to a Bachelors degree has been leading up to this one way or another... and now I'm actually in a games company working as an animator! The game engine requirements and constant revisions take some getting used to, but overall it's great fun.

By the way, if anyone's interested, this is what actually got me the job in the end: After the interview they said that while they liked my work they wanted to see more broad cartoony action, so they gave me an assignment to do at home.

http://70.84.192.18/~ninjadod/temp/dropin.mov

This was it.