View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 01:27 PM   #11
Manhunter71
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchef
Hello everybody!

I was just wondering how scary either of those games are... because i'm a person that's not faint of heart, but would rather not be disturbed by something, i've a vivid imagination and a long memory. Let me clarify, Resident Evil 4, Half Life 2, no problem, Alone in the Dark or adventure games where you can get killed and it shows you a scary face or something are more of a problem. Maniac Mansion and Shadowgate haunt me still Maybe i'm thinking more along the lines of disturbing rather than gorey or making you jump? Still won't look at mirrors in the dark after Eternal Darkness and (Japanese) The Grudge

I really enjoy games like Longest Journey and Syberia (and if we're talking history, Monkey Island and Simon the Sorceror) not got too far on Syberia, it's getting creepy though, hope it doesn't go all weird like Mystery of the Druids. I've been out of the loop though, so I'm trying to catch up on good adventure games. You know what? I bought In Memoriam when it came out just in case it sold poorly and would become unavailable (how I wish i'd done that with Syberia 2, can't get it for love nor money! ) but haven't psyched myself up to play it yet, silly isn't it. Anyway, I digress, hope you can understand what i'm on about.

OK, Still Life and In Memoriam are no where near scary, although In Memoriam can be slightly disturbing if you get into that "sending emails from the killer thing"
apart from that it's a pretty cool puzzle solving game!
If you want disturbing games, then you should try Silent Hill, Project Zero and The Blackstone Chronicles