View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 10:32 PM   #1
JemyM

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM
Default Adventure Games I skipped/might skip/almost skipped due to my stubbornes

It really should be the Adventure in itself that drives you play the game, but sometimes due to your stubborness you just say no, you can barelly pull through.

Police Quest "4" Open Season
I have many reasons why. First its becouse Sonny Bonds isnt the main character. Even worse though is that they cheaply digitalized all the graphics, creating a game that 2005 looks total crap compared to "Day of the Tentacle" and "Sam & Max" looks great.

Codename Iceman
Due to the stupid arcade sequences and the dicegame. Really, is this an adventure game at all, or just a submarine simulation? I say that 15% of the game looks and feels like Police Quest, the rest is a very crappy submarine simulation.

Simon 3D and Monkey Island 4
While I did finish MI4 I hesitated for long. I do not have anything against 3D games really, unless they look crap. MI4 really looks bad. Compare it with the 2 year earlier Grim Fandango, or why not competitors like the 1 year earlier Discworld Noir, or the 1 year earlier Gabriel Knight 3... games that still today actually looks good, despite being 3d.
Simon 3d is a disaster. I may be a good 2d artist that can today produce 2d art better than most of the old 2d titles, but I can even produce 3d Art that looks better than Simon 3d... and trust me, im one crappy 3d artist.

"Kings Quest "8" Mask of Eternity"
Why oh why naming it "Kings Quest"... With my "Gotta finish em all" obsession I might have to pull through this one sooner or later. This is a 3d action game... so far removed from the rest it can be.

"Larry "8" Magna Cum Laude"
Again, why the nametheft... I actually grabbed it, installed it, played it for awhile, then downloaded an End Game save with all content unlocked, gave it a quick browse, and deinstalled it again.

"Castle/Isle of Dr Brain"
I havnt made up my mind if theese are adventure games at all...