View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 07:33 PM   #1
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Default Internet advice desperately needed! o_0

First off, read the my initial post in the It pays to do your homework: a rant from Trep. Then read the recent post in the same thread. This'll give you a solid idea of the hilarity of this ongoing travail I'm being put through.

Here's my question: What exactly is 'T6' broadband? Out of frustration (brought unto himself, natch), my lovable moron-in-law showed me this lime green flyer (yep, like some junk mail you get) that basically reads:

Quote:
T6 Broadband (6000k)
1500kbps download, 128bps upload (same as DSL) = $42 monthly
3000kbps download, 384kbps upoad = $50 monthly

Setup and installation fee for broadband service applies. A service agreement applies to all broadband accounts (read: annual contract).... A line of sight to one of our towers is required for these speeds.
I dunno, man. He seems so disgusted now with the current shitty satellite service we got that HE had installed, and I do NOT trust him ever again, even if he's the one paying for it. It looks like this T3 thing is gonna use yet another satellite dish (cripes, we already have THREE big ass dishes on the roof of the house! ). And I just KNOW that no matter how fast this T6 connection would be, it's gonna fart out during a severe electrical storm or during high winds, simply because it's satellite.

So I ask you guys, what the hell is this T6? I'm investigating their website. I don't trust it. Thanks.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien