View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 07:31 PM   #6
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Well, I've only played realMyst and Uru (which you can play either 3rd or 1st person). I would recommend that if you don't mind mechanical puzzles and such. You should read the site reviews for the others. Laura has just written hers for Sentinel.

See, I kinda have this apprehension with first person adventures because I'm so used to a 3D world full of people/places/things to interact with, and tradtionally adventure games have none of that, the only things you can touch are the puzzles themselves. But what I love about them are not so much the puzzles but being able to 'walk' into such a beautiful world and look around myself 360 degrees while moving forward in space in real time. I had a magnificent time with realMyst. And Uru was rather breathtaking.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien