View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 04:27 AM   #5
Tramboi
Barroom hero

Hi Martin!

All the games I worked on have too went to retail with commercial protection schemes. Well-known schemes that have been defeated very quickly of course
I guess the purpose was just to avoid people making copies with Nero, not real cracks.
And I have to admit StarForce 3 *was* pretty strong (but now it has been cracked).

Just out of curiosity, do you think StarForce earned you more sells? (Maybe a percentile estimate )

Cheers, and keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Gantefoehr
Hey there, Tramboi,

the final decision on use and method of a copy protection is always up to the publisher. But to make this clear, we agreed to the use of Starforce in certain territories.

I agree that Starforce is a pretty intrusive tool, but it is also a very strong protection method, and every time I take a brief look into my wallet, I realise that piracy can be pretty intrusive, too. It can be hard to find a balance there.

Having said that, we are of course aware of certain Starforce problems on some user's machines. And we're really sorry. We do our best to support these issues, because we designed this game to be played and enjoyed.

But I think I won't be sued when I say that Starforce is not going to be used for all MOS publishing territories.