View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 05:05 PM   #3
EasilyConfused
Curiouser and curiouser

I don't know. I could be persuaded otherwise by the force of an outpouring of anti-TAC sentiment, but frankly I've bought and enjoyed many of their titles and not had problems with them. They also seem to have excellent distribution (despite one recent post)--their games are always in all the stores and are easy to get a hold of. So, to the extent that we hope that these games will reach a wide audience, making money for their developers who can then go on to make MORE luscious games and introducing new gamers to the genre, I think TAC is a good choice.

As for the name changes, I don't find them that significant. It is pesky for people who have been following a game under one title, but similar things happen with films (they change names going from one market to another--even from the UK to here or vice versa.) It seems that if a game is going to do well, it will do well. I don't think the problem with "The Westerner" or "Wanted: A Wild West Adventure" or whatever the title was or morphed into was the title itself--it seemed that every review had problems with the gameplay. So, without knowing too much about it (but just out of a desire to support your thread!), I guess I would say that I'm just glad these folks found a publisher that will assure their games get to ALL the stores in a timely manner and in noticeable volume. I hope this helps guarantee good sales and accessibility.