Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Reader Reviews (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/reader-reviews/)
-   -   A Few Pointers : Quest For Yrolg (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/reader-reviews/24103-few-pointers-quest-yrolg.html)

Ursulla 02-19-2009 04:21 PM

A Few Pointers : Quest For Yrolg

I'm not much of a freeware games...I have limited time to play games and I rather spend it on commercial games...
But this game somehow managed to trick me to believe that I'm going to enjoy it...
Maybe because It has a partial voice acting and maybe it has a quite an appealing idea...
The idea is to play one of the Quest of Glory games but this time as a villain with a mission to eliminate once and for all the heroes of that series:The Sorcerer,The Thief and the Fighter...
Since I didn't care much about them and for that mediocre series who managed to capture the heart of many gamers I gladly jumped on that bargain...To kill all of them and not to pay a single cent for it was too much of a temptation to pass up...
As I started the game I immediately turend off the music in order not to loose my sanity...The voice acting and the high resolution graphics were quite a surprise and managed to keep me interested for a short while...
I killed the fighter without any problem but then the game started to annoy me more and more maybe because I couldn't find a way to kill the Thief...maybe because I could carry only one item at a time...maybe because once I managed to kill the fighter the Theif appeared automatically without being quite prepared for him...
After two hours of futile attempts to kill him I collapsed and finished the whole game with a walkthrough...
The game is short but quite hard to figure out how to kill the last two...
If anyone looking for a challenge and has patience for such a task,this game will offer you plenty of it...The sorcerer is the hardest to kill...
Once you killed the sorcerer the game ends...
I didn't like the game but at the same time I can't say it was a bad game...I just didn't have the patience to do all the hard work...
The game offers a creative time to spend as you must find creative methods of killing them...
I was happy to finish with that series with that tone & end though...Maybe the author felt like me and invented that game for gamers to take revenge of that mediocre series...
My final verdict : A golden oppurtunity to do some damage to those so called Heroes...

AndreaDraco83 02-20-2009 03:23 AM

Seriously, Ursulla. Normally, I tend to agree with your opinions on games, but how can you possibly define Quest for Glory a mediocre series is really beyond me ;)

Ascovel 02-20-2009 03:37 AM

When I read the title "Quest for Yrolg" I was convinced it must be about one of those Dizzy games with subtitles like "Prince of Yorfolk" etc. :D