You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Reader Reviews A Few Pointers : Quest For Yrolg

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
NO senior just Senorita..

Default A Few Pointers : Quest For Yrolg

I'm not much of a freeware games...I have limited time to play games and I rather spend it on commercial games...
But this game somehow managed to trick me to believe that I'm going to enjoy it...
Maybe because It has a partial voice acting and maybe it has a quite an appealing idea...
The idea is to play one of the Quest of Glory games but this time as a villain with a mission to eliminate once and for all the heroes of that series:The Sorcerer,The Thief and the Fighter...
Since I didn't care much about them and for that mediocre series who managed to capture the heart of many gamers I gladly jumped on that bargain...To kill all of them and not to pay a single cent for it was too much of a temptation to pass up...
As I started the game I immediately turend off the music in order not to loose my sanity...The voice acting and the high resolution graphics were quite a surprise and managed to keep me interested for a short while...
I killed the fighter without any problem but then the game started to annoy me more and more maybe because I couldn't find a way to kill the Thief...maybe because I could carry only one item at a time...maybe because once I managed to kill the fighter the Theif appeared automatically without being quite prepared for him...
After two hours of futile attempts to kill him I collapsed and finished the whole game with a walkthrough...
The game is short but quite hard to figure out how to kill the last two...
If anyone looking for a challenge and has patience for such a task,this game will offer you plenty of it...The sorcerer is the hardest to kill...
Once you killed the sorcerer the game ends...
I didn't like the game but at the same time I can't say it was a bad game...I just didn't have the patience to do all the hard work...
The game offers a creative time to spend as you must find creative methods of killing them...
I was happy to finish with that series with that tone & end though...Maybe the author felt like me and invented that game for gamers to take revenge of that mediocre series...
My final verdict : A golden oppurtunity to do some damage to those so called Heroes...

Last edited by Ursulla; 02-19-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:23 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Seriously, Ursulla. Normally, I tend to agree with your opinions on games, but how can you possibly define Quest for Glory a mediocre series is really beyond me
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 02-20-2009, 03:37 AM   #3
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

When I read the title "Quest for Yrolg" I was convinced it must be about one of those Dizzy games with subtitles like "Prince of Yorfolk" etc.