Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Help please!--Runaway:A Twist of Fate (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/25883-help-please-runaway-twist-fate.html)

cclemon 11-27-2009 06:03 AM

Help please!--Runaway:A Twist of Fate

Hey guys, anybody knows how to get Agatha translate that manual thing? I'm stuck on this part. Please help~~~~~

seakash 11-27-2009 11:24 PM

Spoiler:
Try using the "IKEA" (Swedish) manual on the book of dead/births down by the church entrance.

cclemon 11-28-2009 06:03 AM

Thank you seakash, I've just completed the entire game.:D

Kate10 11-28-2009 06:59 AM

Hi! I am stuck in this game. How can I take the straps from the statue of Atlas???

cclemon 11-28-2009 07:21 AM

Hi Kate,
Spoiler:
go to the far left of main path, you'll see there is a way heading to the front gate. After your searching in that area, I believe you'll sort it out.
:)

Kate10 11-28-2009 08:55 AM

Oh!I didn't see this area! Thanks a lot!!!:)

Kate10 11-28-2009 09:44 AM

Now I have another problem. When the chapter 2 starts, the game crashes...Does anyone have a saved game for the beginning of chapter 2???

thepr 11-28-2009 09:46 AM

Problem getting it to work...

Hi guys. I have a problem getting this game to work. I install it properly, register it, and then when I'm opening it I get a black screen. Audio works properly, if I press space the pause thing appears, you know with the || and the runaway 3 logo, but the rest is only black screen. A little help, please...

xxax 11-28-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cclemon (Post 530585)
Hi Kate,
Spoiler:
go to the far left of main path, you'll see there is a way heading to the front gate. After your searching in that area, I believe you'll sort it out.

Spoiler:
I don't get it... I got the jack so now what?

nevermind...you have to look first

thepr 11-28-2009 12:14 PM

Ummm... thanks for looking into my problem too xxax... it's not like you don't care about anything but how to finish the game. Google "Runaway: A Twist of Fate" walkthrough if you don't know what to do. We're discussing serious technical issues here, not brain issues (like having no brain and not being able to get through a point and click game without a walkthrough). Or if you really don't want to spoil your gameplay, you could try UHS. That's Universal Hint System for dummies.

Stochie 11-28-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepr (Post 530598)
Hi guys. I have a problem getting this game to work. I install it properly, register it, and then when I'm opening it I get a black screen. Audio works properly, if I press space the pause thing appears, you know with the || and the runaway 3 logo, but the rest is only black screen. A little help, please...

Had also a blackscreen when starting. but could hear the sound.
I'm running windows 7 and got it working by:
Right click the application and click properties
Click the Compatibility tab
Check the Disable Visual Themes and Disable Desktop Composition boxes.
Run this program in compatibility mode for windows xp (service pack 3)
Run as administrator.

xxax 11-28-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepr (Post 530607)
Ummm... thanks for looking into my problem too xxax... it's not like you don't care about anything but how to finish the game. Google "Runaway: A Twist of Fate" walkthrough if you don't know what to do. We're discussing serious technical issues here, not brain issues (like having no brain and not being able to get through a point and click game without a walkthrough). Or if you really don't want to spoil your gameplay, you could try UHS. That's Universal Hint System for dummies.

Are you serious!? The thread started as a hint request...idiot.

Dale Baldwin 11-28-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepr (Post 530607)

Totally over the top reaction, thepr. People help with what they can help with, not everyone can deal with every single response. In any case, your original post would sit better in its own thread.

fov 11-28-2009 04:51 PM

For the people having technical problems, have you installed the patch?

Kate10 11-29-2009 01:53 AM

I installed the patch and now the game doesn't even start. Great!!!

Senoj_10 11-29-2009 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate10 (Post 530636)
I installed the patch and now the game doesn't even start. Great!!!

Yeah I've got the exact same problem nw as well, don't know why coz chapter 1 worked fine for me. :frusty:

fov 11-29-2009 10:06 AM

Sorry to hear that. :( You should send an email to Focus support with your system specs, because I'm sure they'd want to know about the problem.

nomarch 11-29-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stochie (Post 530609)
Had also a blackscreen when starting. but could hear the sound.
I'm running windows 7 and got it working by:
Right click the application and click properties
Check the Disable Visual Themes and Disable Desktop Composition boxes.
Run this program in compatibility mode for windows xp (service pack 3)
Run as administrator.

You absolute flipping genius!! i was having this exact same problem and played the first 3 chapters in 16 bit but youve fixed it!!! the in game movies now look loads better. thank you.

Kate10 11-29-2009 12:42 PM

Yes I will definately send them an email. This is ridiculous!I installed the patch in order to fix the issues and now it doesn't even run.

Admonisher 11-29-2009 08:16 PM

Is anyone else having this problem? I can't enter the Rec Room in Chapter 2. Every time I try, the game crashes. I am running the patched version, in Windows XP. Would it be possible for someone to send me a savegame from inside the Rec Room at the beginning of the Chapter?

thepr 11-30-2009 08:12 AM

Still not working...

Sorry about my reaction a while ago, especially to xxax, who seemes like he's very offended by a little sarcasm, but I have to admit this started as a hint request.
Anyway, I tried the solution given by Stochie, but I still get the black screen. Any ideeas why?

mbday630 11-30-2009 08:55 AM

Runaway a twist of fate technical help

Both of my computers are 32 bit. On one computer that I tried to run this game I have a Radeon x600 SE. That didn't work so I installed it on my other computer, which has a Radeon 9200 Pro (0 x 5960) diaplay. Neither of these can play the game, I get a blank screen with a little sign in the middle that says that my graphics display is incompatible... or something like that. Do I need to buy ANOTHER new graphics card? I just bought this card a few years ago to play the last Broken sword game. I have installed the patch and I have tried other things that I have seen on various sites and nothing works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Admonisher 12-01-2009 07:31 PM

Where ARE the savegames, anyway? I can't seem to find them to share them, even if I wanted to...

Eldubb 12-01-2009 07:41 PM

Hi, as a previous poster said i also get a crash when entering the recovery room.

Would be great if someone could put up a save game after entering the recovery room or at chapter 2 i guess?

Admonisher - i have no idea either

fov 12-02-2009 09:56 AM

Since the saves are tied to a user account I'm not sure if they're transferable.

Also I hope you guys are all reporting these problems to Focus? With such a new game it's really important for the developer to hear what types of problems players are experiencing. (In theory, they should also be able to tell you where the saves are and provide one at the spot where you're having the crash...)

MA1tR!X 12-02-2009 11:02 AM

The saves are located in System Directory (C)/ProgramData/Pendulo Studios/RATOF/SAVEGAME/(your user name)/

Keep in mind the ProgramData folder is usually invisible...

Kate10 12-02-2009 12:13 PM

Well according to the official Runaway Twist of Fate forum FOCUS is aware of the problems with the graphics and display and they are working to resolve these issues.

Eldubb 12-02-2009 04:11 PM

So now that we know where the saved games are, would anyone like to come to my rescue and put a savegame up just past the recovery room in chapter 2?

Ripper 12-02-2009 06:25 PM

Native Display Mode... WTF?

AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Help!

In chapter 2, it crashed.

I used the Patch 1.05, and now this:

The native display mode of this game...

My computer:

Pentium 4 3.0 Giga

1 GB memory

Graphic card: AGP 256 MSI RADEON X800

Windows XP

A lot of people are having the same problem.

http://www.runaway2-thegame.com/foru...pic.php?t=3922

http://www.runaway2-thegame.com/foru...pic.php?t=3926

When they gonna fix that?

I don't want stop playing now!

:\

Eldubb 12-03-2009 12:52 AM

forget it - fixed it myself but creating my own saved game and getting past the crash.

fov 12-03-2009 12:25 PM

People having issues with your video card not supporting the native display mode - try going to Program Files / Pendulo Studios / Runaway - A Twist of Fate and running the RATOF-config.exe. This lets you change the resolution the game runs at.

Ripper 12-03-2009 02:22 PM

Runaway 3 BUG.

Fov,

Didn't work.

I'm still waiting for a Patch to fix that.

lfogs 12-08-2009 03:33 AM

Solution to 1.05 patch problem

Go to the installation folder and with notepad edit "ratof.xml" file!

You will see display and resolution configuration just like this:

Adapter = 1
Width = 1280
Height = 720
Format = 32
RefreshRate = 60

change the Adapter value to "0" zero, and if you wish the resolution to your monitor default values.

In my case I'm using Nvidia Geforce 275GTX

That's how my "ratof.xml" file looks.
Adapter = 0
Width = 1360
Height = 768
Format = 32
RefreshRate = 60

Forget "RATOF-Config.exe" file it doesn't change your resolution

After that:
I'm running windows 7 Ultimate Edition

Right click the "RATOF.exe" file and click properties
Check the Disable Visual Themes box
Check Disable Desktop Composition box.
Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
Run as administrator.

When I've started the game it was fully working for me!!!

olso1 12-10-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cclemon (Post 530585)
Hi Kate,
Spoiler:

I still not get it, can you be a little more specific please ?

fov 12-10-2009 03:43 PM

There's some scaffolding near the front entrance.
Spoiler:
Explore that and you'll find what you need to fix the Atlas statue.

runningback 12-13-2009 03:49 AM

After installing the patch my game wouldn't start either,
I had to repeat the installation process and reinstall the Direct X version that comes with the discs or is included in the download version, I believe there is one specific .dll file that is required to be replaced.
This applies to Windows XP.

Twiggins 12-25-2009 08:27 AM

Help in Chapter 2

Spoiler:
I'm stuck in chapter two were I need to swap the whiteboard with Mr. Nice. How do I do it?

fov 12-30-2009 08:39 PM

Twiggins - you can't just take his whiteboard, or he'll notice. You need to be quick and swap it while he's not looking.

First:

Spoiler:
take a clean whiteboard from the bookshelf next to the nurse's station. Write a new destination on it with a marker (available on the screen near the door).

Then:

Spoiler:
Approach Mr. Nice and try to talk to him. He'll grab his suitcase and drop his whiteboard. Now you can swap them.

To solve the puzzle, you'll also need to figure out
Spoiler:
what to write on the white board.
There are clues for this elsewhere in the room.

Blinkie 01-22-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runningback (Post 532712)
After installing the patch my game wouldn't start either,
I had to repeat the installation process and reinstall the Direct X version that comes with the discs or is included in the download version, I believe there is one specific .dll file that is required to be replaced.
This applies to Windows XP.

Hey Runningback,what do you mean when you say ''I believe there is one specific .dll file that is required to be replaced.''?When i try to open the game i get this message:_AIL_set_sample_low_pass_cut_off@12 could not find in library mss32.dll
Does anyone have any idea what that is??Any help appreciated!

sietske 01-29-2010 02:39 PM

help in chapter 3

Does anybody know what to do with the necklace? And where can I find a flashlight or something?