Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Help please!--Runaway:A Twist of Fate (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/25883-help-please-runaway-twist-fate.html)

cclemon 11-27-2009 06:03 AM

Help please!--Runaway:A Twist of Fate

Hey guys, anybody knows how to get Agatha translate that manual thing? I'm stuck on this part. Please help~~~~~

seakash 11-27-2009 11:24 PM

Spoiler:
Try using the "IKEA" (Swedish) manual on the book of dead/births down by the church entrance.

cclemon 11-28-2009 06:03 AM

Thank you seakash, I've just completed the entire game.:D

Kate10 11-28-2009 06:59 AM

Hi! I am stuck in this game. How can I take the straps from the statue of Atlas???

cclemon 11-28-2009 07:21 AM

Hi Kate,
Spoiler:
go to the far left of main path, you'll see there is a way heading to the front gate. After your searching in that area, I believe you'll sort it out.
:)

Kate10 11-28-2009 08:55 AM

Oh!I didn't see this area! Thanks a lot!!!:)

Kate10 11-28-2009 09:44 AM

Now I have another problem. When the chapter 2 starts, the game crashes...Does anyone have a saved game for the beginning of chapter 2???

thepr 11-28-2009 09:46 AM

Problem getting it to work...

Hi guys. I have a problem getting this game to work. I install it properly, register it, and then when I'm opening it I get a black screen. Audio works properly, if I press space the pause thing appears, you know with the || and the runaway 3 logo, but the rest is only black screen. A little help, please...

xxax 11-28-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cclemon (Post 530585)
Hi Kate,
Spoiler:
go to the far left of main path, you'll see there is a way heading to the front gate. After your searching in that area, I believe you'll sort it out.
:)

Spoiler:
I don't get it... I got the jack so now what?

nevermind...you have to look first

thepr 11-28-2009 12:14 PM

Ummm... thanks for looking into my problem too xxax... it's not like you don't care about anything but how to finish the game. Google "Runaway: A Twist of Fate" walkthrough if you don't know what to do. We're discussing serious technical issues here, not brain issues (like having no brain and not being able to get through a point and click game without a walkthrough). Or if you really don't want to spoil your gameplay, you could try UHS. That's Universal Hint System for dummies.

Stochie 11-28-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepr (Post 530598)
Hi guys. I have a problem getting this game to work. I install it properly, register it, and then when I'm opening it I get a black screen. Audio works properly, if I press space the pause thing appears, you know with the || and the runaway 3 logo, but the rest is only black screen. A little help, please...

Had also a blackscreen when starting. but could hear the sound.
I'm running windows 7 and got it working by:
Right click the application and click properties
Click the Compatibility tab
Check the Disable Visual Themes and Disable Desktop Composition boxes.
Run this program in compatibility mode for windows xp (service pack 3)
Run as administrator.

xxax 11-28-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepr (Post 530607)
Ummm... thanks for looking into my problem too xxax... it's not like you don't care about anything but how to finish the game. Google "Runaway: A Twist of Fate" walkthrough if you don't know what to do. We're discussing serious technical issues here, not brain issues (like having no brain and not being able to get through a point and click game without a walkthrough). Or if you really don't want to spoil your gameplay, you could try UHS. That's Universal Hint System for dummies.

Are you serious!? The thread started as a hint request...idiot.

Dale Baldwin 11-28-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepr (Post 530607)

Totally over the top reaction, thepr. People help with what they can help with, not everyone can deal with every single response. In any case, your original post would sit better in its own thread.

fov 11-28-2009 04:51 PM

For the people having technical problems, have you installed the patch?

Kate10 11-29-2009 01:53 AM

I installed the patch and now the game doesn't even start. Great!!!

Senoj_10 11-29-2009 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate10 (Post 530636)
I installed the patch and now the game doesn't even start. Great!!!

Yeah I've got the exact same problem nw as well, don't know why coz chapter 1 worked fine for me. :frusty:

fov 11-29-2009 10:06 AM

Sorry to hear that. :( You should send an email to Focus support with your system specs, because I'm sure they'd want to know about the problem.

nomarch 11-29-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stochie (Post 530609)
Had also a blackscreen when starting. but could hear the sound.
I'm running windows 7 and got it working by:
Right click the application and click properties
Click the Compatibility tab
Check the Disable Visual Themes and Disable Desktop Composition boxes.
Run this program in compatibility mode for windows xp (service pack 3)
Run as administrator.

You absolute flipping genius!! i was having this exact same problem and played the first 3 chapters in 16 bit but youve fixed it!!! the in game movies now look loads better. thank you.

Kate10 11-29-2009 12:42 PM

Yes I will definately send them an email. This is ridiculous!I installed the patch in order to fix the issues and now it doesn't even run.

Admonisher 11-29-2009 08:16 PM

Is anyone else having this problem? I can't enter the Rec Room in Chapter 2. Every time I try, the game crashes. I am running the patched version, in Windows XP. Would it be possible for someone to send me a savegame from inside the Rec Room at the beginning of the Chapter?