Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Help With Safecracker (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/16196-help-safecracker.html)

Dangerzone 08-05-2006 08:02 AM

which switch board...................the one to turn on the lights in the basement, or the wine cellar light puzzle

(they are both named the same, but both are very diffrent in how you solve them) the one is a puzzle to turn on the lights, and the other one is a small safe.................and they are both in the basement

the power puzzle..............well, there is no precise solution to it (but i will fiddle with it again tonight)

and the wine celler switchboard safe:
Spoiler:

you need to make a trail over to that recessed light over on the right side, but there is a catch, whenever you move, you have to skip a light, and you can only make turns if you land on the corner itself
(contains - key, gps keycard)

elliot_pl 08-05-2006 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangerzone
which switch board...................the one to turn on the lights in the basement, or the wine cellar light puzzle

I wrote - Entrance, I thought it is enough :) But it is all about the one turning the lights in basement. I think I lack talent in this sort of stuff :/ Any help would be appreciated - settings of the knobs or maybe even printscreen?

erkus 08-05-2006 08:13 AM

ok im on the dressing room now. and yet again, i dont get it :P

Scale 08-05-2006 08:16 AM

Only screen save left with the 4 bars i just dont get it :(

Dangerzone 08-05-2006 08:21 AM

erkus,
Spoiler:
you have the carved block now right?..............use it to convert the numbers at the top of the page to a series of letters that spell out the 4 numbers of the combination (think confedarte cypher safe, only more complicated)

every 2 numbers are a set of cordnates................so if the number was 2324, then 2-3 is a H (2 down 3 over)and 2-4 (2 down and 4 over)is an I................it spells HI, get it now?

Dangerzone 08-05-2006 08:23 AM

Scale,

library code safe:
Spoiler:
stick the screen you got from the music box into the slot at the bottom, see the partial display at the bottom..................that is your first clue as to what the code is.................also note that if you get a correct number in the correct position, one of the bars will move.................get all 4 and say hello to my little friend
(contains - triple key # 1)

Scale 08-05-2006 08:30 AM

all done nice game ^^

total of 7 hours

erkus 08-05-2006 08:30 AM

yes i get it now. i used the coordinates the other way as x,y and not as y,x wich was the correct way. but...

Spoiler:
what about the last safe. its just a code and i cant se any worn buttons like the previous one. do i finally break out the dynamite or what?

mixer 08-05-2006 08:35 AM

Need help with the workshops third safe, the one that was blocked before. I now have the magnetic card for it, but i can't get what word i need to get from those letters.

Dangerzone 08-05-2006 08:36 AM

erkus,

Spoiler:
did you notice the funky plates at the top of some of the doors on the second floor

mixer, the letter that was with the card is your clue

erkus 08-05-2006 08:36 AM

aha..thanks

Flyer 08-05-2006 08:38 AM

Stuck yet again.

I have the card for the workshop safe where you have to spell out the word, Ive no idea what the word should be. (his unknown middle name?)

The dressing room one where the numbers are written above the dials, again no idea what I should do.

The violet bedroom one but I need another triple key.

The one with the 5 wheels, I know what Im supposed to do with this one but its bloody difficult.

I have a letter from Margaret and a lever but neither seem able to be used.

erkus 08-05-2006 08:41 AM

all done. nice game...more

Dangerzone 08-05-2006 08:47 AM

Flyer,

Spoiler:
his middle name is W-A-L-T-E-R, (it says that in the letter) although the the order of the letters are mixed up, and some of the dials have 2 of the letters on them.................but it all works out at the end of the puzzle

and here is the solution for the vault door puzzle (since it is hard to figure out)

Spoiler:

on the left side from top to bottom lets call those wheels 1,2 and 3

from the begining of the puzzle, turn wheel one 4 times, then turn wheel two 3 times, and turn wheel 3 (i forget how many times) untill the remaining bars are gone

erkus 08-05-2006 09:07 AM

dangerzone, can you give me the solution to the chess-safe. i forgot to save after i did it the last time and now i have to redo it but this time i cant solve it :P

erkus 08-05-2006 09:09 AM

nevermind. i got it open

Dangerzone 08-05-2006 09:10 AM

here is another easy solution for a hard puzzle

the broken kaypad safe: (in workshop)
Spoiler:
do not press any other buttons before these ones.............if you did exit and reset the puzzle

press 1112 3366 3216.............and you are done

i am still working on that damn basement light switch puzzle................but i think i am getting somewhere with it, i am able to solve it...............but i still need to figure out how i am doing it

erkus 08-05-2006 09:14 AM

why dont you take a screenshot before you click the last light, and then just analyze that

Dangerzone 08-05-2006 09:18 AM

what do you think i am doing right now (that and i saved my game just before i got to the basement)

Nifs 08-05-2006 09:24 AM

I have 2 triple keys and one small gold key, thats it! Whats the little gold key for? I'm stuck, pls help...