You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #1
In his own world now

Default Help With Safecracker

can someone give me a clue as to what i am supposed to do after i enter the workshop................i cannot figure out the combination to the laser safe, or the code for the keypad on the thing in the museum
sometimes the solution to a problem is right in front of you..............other times the problem may take years of struggle to overcome it, but no matter how hard the solution, solving the problem is one of the highest forms of satisfaction known to man
Old 08-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Is this the new Safecracker that was developed by Kheops Studio? It's out already?
Old 08-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
In his own world now

yeah this is the new one, i picked it up after work today.....................just came out

i am only about 10 minutes into the game and i am already stuck

the game package is rather unique...................it is a metal tin with a window in it so you can see the disc inside the case, and the disc itself looks like a combination dial from a safe, there is also no paper manual with the game...............it is a pdf on the disc
sometimes the solution to a problem is right in front of you..............other times the problem may take years of struggle to overcome it, but no matter how hard the solution, solving the problem is one of the highest forms of satisfaction known to man
Old 08-03-2006, 02:14 PM   #4

Uh... I was told that it wasn't out yet, by the very persons who developped it. I don't get it.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #5
Super Moderator

It may not be out in Europe but it's out in the US. I think I saw a box in the store but if you check EBGames or Best Buy for instance online, it says it would be out August 2.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #6
In his own world now

never mind...................i figured it out, i overlooked the fact that some of the buttons on the keypad were worn down, and thus revealing the code

if anyone ever gets the game..............i can lend a hand if you get stuck

P.S. how can i have a copy of the game if it is not out yet?

Old 08-03-2006, 10:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
It may not be out in Europe but it's out in the US. I think I saw a box in the store but if you check EBGames or Best Buy for instance online, it says it would be out August 2.
Ok. Either I have misunderstood Benoit, or he himself misunderstood something (maybe I mixed up what he said about the french and US versions). Nevermind.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:40 AM   #8

Well dam this is hard...

I totaly dont understand the letter puzzle and i got stuck on the picture puzzle aswell i found
Spoiler:
$ symbel but i got piece left and i dont know what to do with them

Help please ^^
Old 08-04-2006, 01:26 PM   #9

Can anyone give me a hint on the laser-puzzle in the workshop?

Last edited by dontomaso; 08-04-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:35 PM   #10

Scale : Check this http://www.ewa-clan.co.uk/untitled.jpg it's almost done here. Start at the top left and work your way downwards, that's easiest.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontomaso
Can anyone give me a hint on the laser-puzzle in the workshop?
Yes. You'll find a hint somewhere else in the house.

Spoiler:
Behind a painting.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:01 PM   #12
In his own world now

the solution to the museums slider puzzle is the old mans company logo............................bring up the options menu and have a look at the desk in the background, there is a peice of paper in the bottom right corner that has his company logo on it...................the center of the pokerchip room marker on your map also has this logo on it

@dontomaso , the only safe you need to worry about in the workshop on your first visit is the red one on the counter with the malfunctioning keypad

Last edited by Dangerzone; 08-04-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:09 PM   #13

I got the laser by

Spoiler:
add the numbers from the ads but that might be luck

and thanks donto for posting my own picture haha.

but i so dont get the wanky keyboard:

i push 1234 and get 7359
i push 1234 again and get 9122

So i got one keypad + card left locked in the west, the water cup puzzle which i cant manipulate, and in the image puzzle room i got 2 of 3 the arms on that thing which leave a code keypad, in the works shop the 2 puzzle at the end.

Which one to do cuz im dont know how to do any of them
been running around altering for hours.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:15 PM   #14

Scale : I see now that you are also on the filelist forum
There is a clue for the laser puzzle in a room behind the study.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:05 PM   #15

Oww great get into that room behind the study then u get an
Spoiler:
special pipe key which i cant seem to use anywhere

So it doesnt even make a difference me getting in there and solving 2 puzzles
Old 08-04-2006, 05:50 PM   #16
In his own world now

the pipe key comes later (on the second floor)

after getting to the second section you need to go into the basement to get the key for that dining room door

and the hint that should have given you the code for the laser safe is in the dining room (behind the picture puzzle)

P.S. here is the logic behind that busted keypad puzzle (cut from the hint sheet i am writing)

Quote:
busted keypad safe: each button on the keypad goes through a series of 5 numbers, once you know the 5 numbers in the order that each button will display, you can set those keys so that the nest time you press the key it will give you one of the numbers in the solution
(contains - keycard)
also note that the machine and the fountain puzzles cannot be completed untill later in the game

Last edited by Dangerzone; 08-04-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:19 PM   #17

Can anybody please help me with one puzzle.

I'm stuck on second floor in dressing room. Any hints please ?. I noticed that there are unfinished digits on the door but no idea how can they help.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:21 PM   #18
In his own world now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon
Can anybody please help me with one puzzle.

I'm stuck on second floor in dressing room. Any hints please ?. I noticed that there are unfinished digits on the door but no idea how can they help.
you need something to complete this puzzle..................when you find it, you will know what it is
Old 08-04-2006, 06:23 PM   #19

Geez, at least point me where to look for it please It's 4am and I can't sleep because of it )
Old 08-04-2006, 06:26 PM   #20
In his own world now

what do you have completed thus far...............tell me all of the red "x'' you have on your map...............and i will point you in a direction

Spoiler:
because in my walkthrough.................that dressing room puzzle is the next to last one you solve