Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Dreamfall : gamepad problem (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/14911-dreamfall-gamepad-problem.html)

Dobee 05-12-2006 11:02 PM

Dreamfall : gamepad problem

I'm using logitech rumble pad, it has 2 analog sticks (i'm not sure if that's what it's called). OK, so in dreamfall set up for pad, there are 3 directions thing to set, d-pad, movment, camera (not sure if i remember the terms right)...i just follow the diagram thing to set.

During the game, dunno why the camera keeps moving around and around, circling...and makes me dizzy ... i dunno what's wrong...it doesn't have this problem if i use keyboard only...anyone?

SpecialAgentTuna 05-13-2006 12:47 AM

I had that problem once with Silent Hill 3. I restarted the computer with the controller unplugged, then when it was back up I reconnected and let it be recognized by the pc....then without touching the sticks at all I started up the game.
Also you probably don't but if you have a Xbox360 controller, it works great! I don't know if the wireless one works but the corded one found the drivers online and had no issues with it.

Dobee 05-13-2006 08:06 AM

the only pad i have is that wingman rumble pad...maybe i should install the pad's cd software and see if it works better...u know i'm not required to do so because my notebk recognize the pad when i plug it in already

Dobee 05-13-2006 09:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
no luck, i guess the problem arises from my malfunctioning left joystick of the pad :frown:

see from the pad's testing page ...dunno why the axis left joystick isn't in the middle like the right one :crazy: and it keeps moving itself around without me touching the left joystick too...

i guess it's broken after my playing hard the simon game in Fahrenheit :(

any idea??

Trexxie 05-13-2006 09:39 AM

I think you have to calibrate your pad. Go to the control panel, then game controllers. You should be able to see your controller now. After clicking on the properties of your rumblepad, you'll see where to go to calibrate it. I have Logitech cordless rumblepad also, and I played and finished Dreamfall with it perfectly. I didn't touch the default settings of the game. Hope this helped..:)

HaroldO 04-30-2010 05:14 AM

Rise from your grave!!

So, Dreamfall doesn't like my gamepads. I have Clone Twin Shock (a cheap pad) and a Sony Dual Shock 2 (hooked with a USB adapter) but the game doesn't seem to recognize any of them so far. I looked for patches, but apparently I have the latest version installed. I'm thinking of using an wired Xbox 360 controller. Have anyone here tested Dreamfall with the 360 pad?

Simplex 04-11-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaroldO (Post 547523)
Rise from your grave!!

So, Dreamfall doesn't like my gamepads. I have Clone Twin Shock (a cheap pad) and a Sony Dual Shock 2 (hooked with a USB adapter) but the game doesn't seem to recognize any of them so far. I looked for patches, but apparently I have the latest version installed. I'm thinking of using an wired Xbox 360 controller. Have anyone here tested Dreamfall with the 360 pad?

I tested a wireless x360 pad under win7 x64 and it doesn't work.

Logitech Extreme Action PS2 Controller wired pad with usb adapter works.