Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   I need help finding a game (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/30575-i-need-help-finding-game.html)

nerochi 02-28-2012 03:32 AM

I need help finding a game

So far I know the game is NOT: Homeworld games, Starwars games, Startrek games

Platform: PC only, I think I played it on windows XP or ME
Theme: Space
Genre: Real time strategy? You can build, gather resources and fight against AI. All elements of the game is only in space
Stuff: Full 3D, graphics wasn't great. Toggleable grid Contains a level editor Your base is a deployable structure in which you have 6? ways to expand it. (I might try to draw it) in later campaign you can build more than one of these and has to be tugged around by a unit. Workers go from your base to asteroids to gain materials. I think it was campaign only game, maybe you vs ai mode too two or 3 races, which in the campaign you try to learn how to communicate with them by stealing one of their workers
Some unit names Missile Boat Tug Missile Turret Hanger Fabricator? Scanner array Probe
Game also features Speed up time and slow down time Console to type cheats in (but never worked) cheats could be found on the net The UI was mostly green and featured popup style when mouse is against the edge of the screen

Outforce seems to look like the game, but is not.

TiAgUh 02-29-2012 04:47 AM

Sins of the Solar Empire? Imperium Galactica? Outpost? No can't be that one... Well, good luck with that.

Lucien21 02-29-2012 08:11 AM

One of the Haegemonia games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRg-9...eature=related

ghost_traveller 03-01-2012 08:10 PM

I don't want to steel this thread but it feels useless to start a new one, i am also looking to remember the name of an adventure game.

Platform: PC
Theme: Stuck on a big space boat/ship
Genre: Adventure
Stuff: I know i played this game back on windows 98 or xp, it was pretty good 3d graphic for that time. You had to walk around this big ship trying to defuse a bomb that had the voice very similar to John Cleese that was counting down number by number, but if "taped" on the bomb he would get confused and start to count from the beginning again.
You could get to your own room and hundreds of other floors thru a lift.

Any good guess would be appreciated!

Burns11 03-01-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_traveller (Post 602325)
I don't want to steel this thread but it feels useless to start a new one, i am also looking to remember the name of an adventure game.

Platform: PC
Theme: Stuck on a big space boat/ship
Genre: Adventure
Stuff: I know i played this game back on windows 98 or xp, it was pretty good 3d graphic for that time. You had to walk around this big ship trying to defuse a bomb that had the voice very similar to John Cleese that was counting down number by number, but if "taped" on the bomb he would get confused and start to count from the beginning again.
You could get to your own room and hundreds of other floors thru a lift.

Any good guess would be appreciated!

Starship Titanic, and the reason that voice was similar to Cleese is because it was Cleese.

ghost_traveller 03-02-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burns11 (Post 602328)
Starship Titanic, and the reason that voice was similar to Cleese is because it was Cleese.

Thank you soo much! I was looking on Cleese biography and IMDB but did not find that game.
Much appreciated!

TimovieMan 03-02-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_traveller (Post 602351)
Thank you soo much! I was looking on Cleese biography and IMDB but did not find that game.
Much appreciated!

You must not have been looking very hard... look under his acting credits for 1998...

Edit: Wait, that thing was written by Douglas Adams???

*adds Starship Titanic to list of games to play*

Burns11 03-06-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimovieMan (Post 602370)
You must not have been looking very hard... look under his acting credits for 1998...

Edit: Wait, that thing was written by Douglas Adams???

*adds Starship Titanic to list of games to play*

Play the game, then find the audiobook written and read by Terry Jones (it works better as an audio book).