You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General I need help finding a game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 03:32 AM   #1

Default I need help finding a game

So far I know the game is NOT: Homeworld games, Starwars games, Startrek games

Platform: PC only, I think I played it on windows XP or ME
Theme: Space
Genre: Real time strategy? You can build, gather resources and fight against AI. All elements of the game is only in space
Stuff: Full 3D, graphics wasn't great. Toggleable grid Contains a level editor Your base is a deployable structure in which you have 6? ways to expand it. (I might try to draw it) in later campaign you can build more than one of these and has to be tugged around by a unit. Workers go from your base to asteroids to gain materials. I think it was campaign only game, maybe you vs ai mode too two or 3 races, which in the campaign you try to learn how to communicate with them by stealing one of their workers
Some unit names Missile Boat Tug Missile Turret Hanger Fabricator? Scanner array Probe
Game also features Speed up time and slow down time Console to type cheats in (but never worked) cheats could be found on the net The UI was mostly green and featured popup style when mouse is against the edge of the screen

Outforce seems to look like the game, but is not.

Last edited by nerochi; 02-28-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:47 AM   #2
handsome

Sins of the Solar Empire? Imperium Galactica? Outpost? No can't be that one... Well, good luck with that.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #3
Psychonaut

One of the Haegemonia games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRg-9...eature=related
Old 03-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #4

I don't want to steel this thread but it feels useless to start a new one, i am also looking to remember the name of an adventure game.

Platform: PC
Theme: Stuck on a big space boat/ship
Genre: Adventure
Stuff: I know i played this game back on windows 98 or xp, it was pretty good 3d graphic for that time. You had to walk around this big ship trying to defuse a bomb that had the voice very similar to John Cleese that was counting down number by number, but if "taped" on the bomb he would get confused and start to count from the beginning again.
You could get to your own room and hundreds of other floors thru a lift.

Any good guess would be appreciated!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_traveller View Post
I don't want to steel this thread but it feels useless to start a new one, i am also looking to remember the name of an adventure game.

Platform: PC
Theme: Stuck on a big space boat/ship
Genre: Adventure
Stuff: I know i played this game back on windows 98 or xp, it was pretty good 3d graphic for that time. You had to walk around this big ship trying to defuse a bomb that had the voice very similar to John Cleese that was counting down number by number, but if "taped" on the bomb he would get confused and start to count from the beginning again.
You could get to your own room and hundreds of other floors thru a lift.

Any good guess would be appreciated!
Starship Titanic, and the reason that voice was similar to Cleese is because it was Cleese.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns11 View Post
Starship Titanic, and the reason that voice was similar to Cleese is because it was Cleese.
Thank you soo much! I was looking on Cleese biography and IMDB but did not find that game.
Much appreciated!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_traveller View Post
Thank you soo much! I was looking on Cleese biography and IMDB but did not find that game.
Much appreciated!
You must not have been looking very hard... look under his acting credits for 1998...

Edit: Wait, that thing was written by Douglas Adams???

*adds Starship Titanic to list of games to play*
Old 03-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
You must not have been looking very hard... look under his acting credits for 1998...

Edit: Wait, that thing was written by Douglas Adams???

*adds Starship Titanic to list of games to play*
Play the game, then find the audiobook written and read by Terry Jones (it works better as an audio book).