Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/29558-vampire-masquerade-bloodlines.html)

J-Boo 08-25-2011 10:10 AM

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines

I have to say this was one of my favorite video games I have ever played. I know Troika, the developer, went out of business a few years ago. As far as I know no one has bought the rights to continue the Vampire series of games. Is it totally hopeless at this point, do you think?

zane 08-25-2011 11:08 AM

A masquerade MMO is being made, theyr calling it "world of darkness" and theres some trailers/teasers around. I'd muuuch rather see them make another bloodlines than an mmo... but at least its somthing?
In the mean time, do yourself a favor and play deus ex: human revolution, which was released a couple days ago. Its the closest thing to bloodlines since it came out. Its got a very similar vibe of city exploration with lots of sidequests and rpg elements.
Oh and likewise, to anyone enjoying deus ex who hasnt played bloodlines, they really should, as it is an amazing game.

rayvio 08-26-2011 02:43 AM

Bloodlines is one of my all time favourite games. despite the bugs (which there are fan-patches to fix) it's an amazing and great fun game
malkavian is just hilarious, although should absolutely not be chosen for a first playthrough (partly because some of the dialogue gives spoilers to later events and mostly because it just won't make sense until you know the game), nosferatu makes many scenes so very, very different having to be stealthy and the other clans, while not too different from eachother, provide a nice third option

haptsonir 08-26-2011 03:21 AM

If there ever was another Vampire game (after the MMO anyway), it would probably take place in the wussy Requiem setting rather than the Masquerade. Which might still be alright, but not quite the same. Bloodlines is utterly groovy though, the best RPG since Planescape.

zane 08-27-2011 07:00 PM

Actually, i think its safe to say we dont have to worry about a vampire game being set in requiem. That book came out nearly 8 years ago and it wasnt anywhere near as successful as masquerade. And since they are basing this new mmo on the masquerade, i think its clear that is the setting of choice. It just has so much better lore and meta-plot going on.

J-Boo 08-28-2011 07:12 AM

Thanks for the responses everyone! At least I know I am not alone as a Bloodlines fan wishing for more :)

I have never done an MMO, the idea kind of turns me off, but so many games I have enjoyed in the past are being turned into MMOs so I may have to give them a shot.

And I'll have to look into this Deus Ex.

Gonchi 08-28-2011 08:13 AM

Another fan of Bloodlines here (and of Troika, despite their shortcomings), not even remotely interested in the MMO though, unless they intend to do away with monthly fees and such.

Also a fan of Deus Ex, the original anyway. Haven't really paid too much attention to Human Revolution, looks interesting and heard good things, but Steam = Instant no buy from me.

SamandMax 08-29-2011 06:00 PM

I think it's possible we could eventually see another non-MMO Vampire: The Masquerade game but it'd take a development team with initiative and a bit of power to make it happen. If someone like Eidos Montreal or one of the Rockstar teams wanted to make a true successor to Bloodlines, they could probably convince their mother companies to snatch up the rights, so let's hope there are some hardcore fans like us that have the power to make a new game a reality.

Monolith 08-29-2011 10:23 PM

I just want another bloodlines that was polished and released when it was done with a working source engine or unreal 3 engine (udk). Everything about it was amazing. From beginning to end.

J-Boo 09-01-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamandMax (Post 588851)
I think it's possible we could eventually see another non-MMO Vampire: The Masquerade game but it'd take a development team with initiative and a bit of power to make it happen. If someone like Eidos Montreal or one of the Rockstar teams wanted to make a true successor to Bloodlines, they could probably convince their mother companies to snatch up the rights, so let's hope there are some hardcore fans like us that have the power to make a new game a reality.

I'll keep my fingers crossed! But I won't hold my breath, lol

Monolith 09-03-2011 12:20 AM

Let us not forget about the awesome game Masquerade: Redemption!

Stuart 09-03-2011 01:46 PM

The fan patch turns it into a near flawless RPG (besides the... *shudders* warrens level, which was awful). Great mood and gameplay, it is still the best RPG since Deus Ex IMO. The hotel level is one of the scariest ever designed.

Gonchi 09-06-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 589140)
The fan patch turns it into a near flawless RPG

Agreed, similarly with KotOR: The Sith Lords and the Restored Content Mod. God bless their tireless efforts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 589118)
Let us not forget about the awesome game Masquerade: Redemption!

I'm not as big a fan of that one.